"Pinsent Masons Dispute Resolution team delivers value to their clients. They took time upfront to understand our commercial objectives properly and produced an up-front realistic and commercial assessment of the case. The forensic accountants add quantum clarity and numeric soundness to decision tree and other risk analysis from which the resolution strategy was agreed. They planned and delivered an effective commercial solution to the dispute without the need for court proceedings and without any surprises".
Anthony Dixon, General Counsel Pace plc
We resolve disputes for business and government clients in negotiation, mediation, arbitration, expert determination or in national courts. Some recent examples include:
- Representing a major German brewery group in several ICC arbitrations in relation to a corporate dispute in a West African country.
- Resolving product liability litigation in Israel without trial
- Advising a listed technology company on product liability claims from customers in a variety of jurisdictions
- Buncefield: acting for the two oil company joint ventures in £multi million compensation claims arising from an explosion
- Settled a claim for breach of contract (regarding the quality of components supplied) in a 2 day mediation weeks before the start of a 6 week trial for £23million.
- Acting in a £multi million tax fraud claim involving a freezing injunction and parallel proceedings in the BVI, Nevis and Switzerland
- Acting for a Pakistani utility in an ICC arbitration relating to a gas supply dispute with a US owned company.
- Representing a German oil company in an arbitration relating to a joint venture for oil exploration in Azerbaijan.
- Acting for venture capitalist in a £multi million action to recover a share of costs of an aborted private equity investment.
- Representing listed companies in investigations by Capital Markets Regulators.
- Acted successfully for Quango accused of procurement lapses in multi £m contract allocation