Out-Law News | 09 Jun 2014 | 4:16 pm |
The Tattenhall and District Neighbourhood Plan was officially adopted at a meeting of the executive of Cheshire West and Chester Borough Council on 4 June.
The 20-year plan limits housing schemes on the village boundaries to a maximum of 30 homes. Housebuilders Barratt Homes and Wainhomes, who have applied to build 68 and 137 homes respectively on land in Tattenhall, had their judicial review challenge of the Council's decision to agree the draft plan and put it to referendum rejected by the High Court in May.
The plan was approved by a referendum of local residents in October last year by 905 votes to 38 after being recommended for referendum by an Examiner in September.
"We fought every step of the way and sought advice from our officers and mentors", said Tattenhall and District parish councillor Carol Weaver, according to a Planning Magazine report. "We wrote letters to the government and objected to planning applications we felt were inappropriate."
"The belief and conviction that the Tattenhall Parish Council had in neighbourhood planning was born out when Mr Justice Supperstone issued his judgment on May 9", said Weaver. "We spent over 5,000 hours developing this plan but we got there in the end."