The team is committed to:
- delivering transactions on time and within your budget
- recognising the bigger picture and delivering advice in a pragmatic way always in the commercial context
- giving straightforward advice using the benefit of our experience
- providing added value to our clients by using our extensive network and sector based approach
As well as private equity partners in each of the main commercial centres of the UK the team is also international - we are able to advise clients on private equity deals to meet the demands of the global world with our offices in the Middle East, Continental Europe and Asia Pacific.
In France our highly regarded private equity team regularly advise on private equity transactions with a particular focus on advising US private equity houses on their investments in France and throughout Europe.
Our German private equity team offer highly specialised services to European and US private equity houses on their investments in Germany.
In Asia, our private equity practice regularly advises on a wide range of mid-market cross border investments and sales. We act primarily for take over funds and once transactions are closed we often act for the portfolio companies going forward.
We have advised a number of institutions over the years on a large number of complex domestic and international transactions but our in depth knowledge and focus on private equity means that we are also able to sensibly advise management teams and sellers to private equity on their dealings with private equity houses.
In addition the team also regularly shares the journey with clients, whether the PE institution or management team, right through the life of the investment up and until exit.
Recent transactions include:
- advised Doughty Hanson on a number of their German related transactions including Oderson, Soundcloud and MegaZebra.
- advised CBPE and fellow shareholders on the £148 million disposal of the Stewart Group, a global mineral testing business in 20 jurisdictions
- advised Inflexion on the £73million secondary buy out of onthebeach.co.uk
- advised ECI Partners LLP on the £50million MBO of Fourth
- advised the shareholders of Hyva Mechanics (Yangzhou) Co Ltd on the US$700m secondary buyout of Hyva Group by a consortium led by Unitas Private Equity from 3i
- advised Sovereign Capital Partners on the multi million pound by out of IMS Group a financial services advisory business
- advised Risk Capital, 3i and the founders on the sale of Giraffe to Tesco
- advised Dunedin on its backing of the MBO of Trustmarque Solutions