The global infrastructure market is vast. Between 2010 and 2020 expenditure on new civil and social infrastructure is predicted to be £20 trillion. Supporting clients, many of which are working globally requires innovative thinking and a creative mindset to deliver the legal solutions which meet the full range of day to day needs of infrastructure businesses and the specialist advice required to support them in the delivery of complex and critical assets.
We have in depth experience working with the major contractors and delivery partners and major owners and operators of infrastructure in the key markets in which the sector operates, for example: social infrastructure, education, transport, energy, municipal waste management, water and sport & leisure.
Our understanding and close alignment to the construction sector enables us to offer an "entire project lifecycle" service to our clients. We can assist you:
- Project lifecycle: We advised Wembley National Stadium Limited throughout the procurement and construction phases of this iconic project. We then negotiated settlements with Multiplex in relation to the high profile dispute resolution proceedings.
- Mergers and acquisitions: We advised Black & Veatch, the global engineering and construction company, on the acquisition of the water business of M J Gleeson Group plc. The transaction more than doubled the size of Black & Veatch's existing UK operations and included advice on post-acquisition harmonisation of employment provisions and restructuring.
- Infrastructure Funding: advising in relation to the funding of the UK Offshore electricity transmission network.
- Operational advice and dispute resolution: We provided advisory support and dispute resolution advice in relation to many of the main contract elements on the Channel Tunnel Rail Link in UK.
- Competition/anti-trust: We advised and assisted several construction sector clients in relation to investigations into allegedly anti-competitive practices within the UK Construction Industry. This included provision of urgent advice and support after a series of dawn raids conducted by the Office of Fair Trading.
- Specialist procurement: We play a leading role in advising clients on new forms of procurement.