We know the infrastructure, energy and natural resources industries, and understand the issues from your point of view. A number of our legal team have worked for contractors and procurers, been seconded to clients’ legal departments, and are qualified engineers, architects or surveyors.
Construction advisory services
We have extensive experience in advising in relation to all aspects of contracting and its related forms. We are used to developing innovative solutions to enhance project deliverability. Our P2C Procurement to Completion ® service will assist you in developing an overall legal strategy for a project, and support you to completion. It enables us to develop an intimate understanding of the issues you are likely to be faced with during the project, so we can better help you manage risk.
Construction dispute services
We advise claimants and respondents in all aspects of adjudication, arbitration and litigation. In the UK, where adjudication is a statutory requirement, we have probably acted in more UK adjudications than any other firm. In many cases it is preferable for our clients to settle their cases on acceptable terms rather than to arbitrate or litigate. We have long been a leading proponent of alternative dispute resolution.
Recent published achievements include:
- Global Construction Law firm of the Year 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2006 (Who's Who Legal)
- Ranked number one for construction in the UK, UAE and Hong Kong in leading legal directories
- UAE Construction Law Firm of the Year 2010 (ACQ Magazine)
- Hong Kong Construction Law Firm of the Year 2009, 2010, 2011 (Asian Legal Business)
- Construction Law Firm of the Year 2011 (Asian Legal Business South East Asia Awards)
- Singapore Law Firm of the Year 2011 (Lawyer Monthly Legal Awards 2011)
The Construction, Advisory and Disputes group in the UK is certified to the ISO9001:2015 International Quality Standard.