Technology enabled innovation
Technology is constantly transforming how every business and organisation operates. Innovation is an ever present and convergence, diversification and increased flexibility are changing how suppliers interact with customers to drive the development of the products and services they provide. Pinsent Masons is one of the few firms able to support international clients adjusting to these changes.
Germany: Florian von Baum
Asia Pacific: Paul Haswell
France: Emmanuel Gouge
As part of the technology industry we understand the dynamic nature of the technology landscape and the complexities arising from the introduction of new technologies.
Consistently acknowledged by the legal directories as a top tier international technology firm, we have a market-leading track record of delivering successful outcomes for our clients. We work with clients to deliver what matters - agility, secure delivery and value for money.
We advise a diverse range of clients from Fortune 500 technology giants through to tech start-ups and large-enterprise IT users across both the public and private sectors. We have a standout reputation in e-business for advising retailers in highly regulated sectors – particularly financial services and gambling.
We also help clients develop and procure new technologies and, in addition to large scale IT sourcing projects, we regularly advise on the procurement, licensing, regulatory and data protection requirements and intellectual property rights associated with integrated communication, e-commerce, the "internet of things, connectivity, mobile infrastructure and solutions; social platforms and collaboration tools; financial services platforms and e-payment solutions.
Our lawyers are at the forefront of IT law. We have one of the largest teams of dedicated IT lawyers, publish the world's leading legal technology website, Out-Law, and provide a free legal boot camp for emerging technology start-ups through Bootlaw. Over the last 25 years we have worked alongside our clients to deliver industry-changing developments - we were one of the first firms to work on the 'service tower' concept into sourcing contracts, we were a key contributor to the Origo Legal Framework which standardised the UK life and pensions industry’s approach to data transfer between providers and intermediaries and we advised TISA on an innovative industry-wide solution facilitating electronic asset re-registration to meet the FCA’s regulatory requirements.
The following are examples of our recent client successes:
- Delivering an unprecedented landmark project for the Tax Incentivised Savings Association in the UK that affected the entire retail savings industry, a quicker process for investment platforms to transfer a customer's assets.
- Mydex provides a groundbreaking service that combines an innovative proprietary software platform, hosted in the cloud, with an innovative corporate structure (the community interest company model) to provide services to citizens and consumers in their interactions with central and local government. In the UK we advised Mydex on their data protection issues applying our expertise to emerging technologies.
- Acting as the sole legal adviser to the UK's DCMS's £530m BDUK project to deliver the fastest possible broadband network in Europe across the UK by 2015, a striking example of the team's ability to lead an ambitious, cutting edge procurement project that will make a vital contribution to the Government's economic growth agenda. On the back of this project we also worked with DCMS on the Mobile Infrastructure project, which aims to improve the coverage and quality of mobile network services within hard to reach rural areas.
- Advising a leading German car manufacturer on the development and operation of the company's newest high-profile user connectivity product line.
- Advising William Hill Organisation Limited on two major equipment and related technology supply agreements for the William Hill estate of licensed betting offices (LBOs) across the UK.