Construction Advisory & Disputes
Our construction advisory & disputes team are experienced in managing, avoiding and resolving contractual and legal issues on construction and infrastructure projects.
We have extensive experience in relation to all aspects of a project lifecycle. We are used to developing innovative solutions to enhance project deliverability.
We advise claimants and respondents in all aspects of dispute resolution, including: dispute board proceedings, arbitration and litigation.
Our team have particular expertise in international construction arbitrations and have close links to most major arbitral institutions and are well versed in their arbitration rules.
Recent highlights of our teams' work include:
- Advising a Chinese contractor in relation to claims arising from the termination of its contract on a road project in Central Africa
- Advising a French employer in relation to claims for defective works in relation to a cement plant in Syria
- Providing contract support to a major French utility company in relation to the construction of a LNG terminal project
- Counsel for a major European contractor in Dispute Adjudication Board (DAB) proceedings and ICC arbitration proceedings regarding the termination of its contract on a motorway project in Eastern Europe (FIDIC)
- Counsel for a Consortium of European contractors against a state owned hydroelectric power entity (FIDIC)
- Acting for an employer in an international mediation relating to a complex construction dispute concerning cost overruns and defective works
- Counsel for an employer in a US$130M engineering dispute concerning an integrated gasification combined cycle power plant
- Counsel in a significant ICC arbitration for a German contractor with respect to claims against French counterparties for a complex technology system.