Our lawyers in Sydney, Melbourne and Perth bring deep sector specialism, local knowledge and international experience to deliver highly pragmatic, commercial advice which fits to deliver your goals. The narrow commercial margins experienced in the Infrastructure and Energy sectors mean that managing, avoiding and resolving contractual and legal issues goes a long way to securing commercial success.
Whether seeking inbound international investment or doing business outside Australia, our knowledge of the global infrastructure and energy markets is unrivalled. We offer particularly strong knowledge in relation to the People's Republic of China (one of Australia's most important trading partners), as well as having delivered extensive projects across Indonesia, South Korea, Japan and other countries across Asia Pacific.
Our team of over 350 infrastructure specialists combined with our international reach means we can advise on infrastructure projects almost anywhere in the world. We have been trusted with many of the largest and most ambitious international projects with capital values from the tens of millions to the billions. This includes advising on more PPP construction projects than any other law firm.
- major constructors and infrastructure and energy providers
- sponsors / equity investors on their equity finance and structuring
- financiers on the financing of infrastructure and energy projects
- supply chain participants on the construction, operation, maintenance and decommissioning of infrastructure
- stakeholders in relation to project and contract risk management, contract operation and disputes
- owners / operators / investors in the secondary markets of the recycling of assets and investments through M&A, secondary market investments etc.
- on decommissioning / handover arrangements at the end of a project
We put the client at the centre of what we do, structuring our business and aligning our talent.
We are always thinking about ways to deliver our services to our clients more effectively and efficiently to save them time and money. We deploy a clever mix of technology and people to ensure you benefit from the expertise of the highest quality lawyers when you need it and to eliminate cost in the more process-driven elements of legal service delivery.
We have a track record of innovation, both in what we do and how we do it.