Banking & Finance
When a company wants to develop and grow, obtaining finance can be a major hurdle. Financial institutions are the key to developing growth for companies whether they are looking to move into new markets, develop new products or try something different.
The French Banking and Finance team is composed of lawyers dedicated to the Banking and Finance practice. Our lawyers work closely with the other practice groups of the Paris Office.
We intervene on the whole range of banking and financial products, including acquisition and leveraged finance, asset finance, corporate restructurings and workouts, debt instruments private placements and public offers, project finance, real estate finance, recapitalisations, regulatory compliance and syndicated and bilateral lending.
Our experience crosses borders and we advise clients in respect of their local markets with an in-depth understanding in laws and processes in all major jurisdictions.
Recent highlights of our teams' work include advising:
- A leading French-based international banking group on the contemplated €3 billion financing of a take-over bid in the shipping sector
- A leading international chemicals company in the issuance of a €500 million in hybrid notes
- A British private equity fund on a €800 million LBO financing in the industrial sector
- A French private equity fund on a €165 million LBO financing in the chemical industry sector
- A leading French-based international banking group on a €114.5 million syndicated credit facilities
- A US property fund in the €150 million financing of the acquisition of two luxury hotels in Southern-France
- A French leading company in the paper sector in connection with a corporate financing transaction;
- A French leading asset management company in connection with investments in certain cash instruments
- An industry leader in global money transfer on various French banking regulatory topics
The French team is supported by the global team of the Financial Institutions Group who have breadth and depth of experience in domestic and international finance and consists of over 100 lawyers practising a full range of banking and finance disciplines.
The group advises international clients on their strategic objectives across multiple jurisdictions; it advises on both international and domestic transactions.