Off Site - LGBT Construction & Infrastructure Network
Off Site is a network for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender professionals working in the infrastructure and construction sectors. It is led by steering committee members Pinsent Masons, Arup, Balfour Beatty, Lendlease, Gleeds, IF_DO, Gowling WLG, Savills and Stonewall.
The network was founded by Pinsent Masons and Matthew Flood with the support of 'Freehold', a real estate LGBT network formed in 2011.
Who is the network for?
Anyone who works in the infrastructure and construction sectors - we are more interested in the organisation than your position or title. If your organization is involved in those sectors, then we are your network!
How do I get involved?
We host regular events bringing the construction and infrastructure sectors LGBT community together. If you would like to become member of the network and to receive details of our next event, please register your interest or contact Jamie Olsen.
The aims of the network are:
- To provide a welcoming, supportive, safe and confidential space for all LGBT people and straight allies within the construction and infrastructure sector and related sectors to meet, share and discuss views, experiences or concerns.
- To provide opportunities for peer networking, information sharing, and personal and professional development for LGBT members collectively or for the distinct groups of LGBT staff within the construction and infrastructure sectors.
- To raise the profile, inspire and promote the achievements of LGBT professionals collectively or for the distinct groups of LGBT people within the construction and infrastructure sectors.
- To develop and maintain relationships with other relevant external LGBT groups and networks.
- Provide a platform for fundraising for LGBT community related charities.
- To act as an adviser to companies in both the public and private sector & Government on LGBT users of infrastructure, including planning, design, construction, operation and maintenance of such infrastructure to ensure that it is inclusive, attractive and safe for LGBT employees and members of public.
- To work with schools, colleges and awarding bodies to raise the profile of the construction and infrastructure sector amongst young LGBT people.